It's easy to confuse men's face wash and men's face scrub, and some men have never used either. Both complement each other and are arguably the first two steps in any men's skincare routine. So what's the big deal, and when should you use one or the other? We'll help break things down and let you be impressed with the results.
Men's Face Wash
Using a men's face wash (or cleanser) is more than washing your face with soap and water, it’s about thoroughly cleaning your skin. The purpose of a men's face wash is to:
- Remove dirt, dust, sweat and pollutants that build up on your face whether sitting in your office, working outdoors or training at the gym - the cleaner your face, the lesser the appearance of wrinkles, pimples and acne.
- Kill bacteria - removing nasty bacteria will help keep your skin clearer, healthier and acne and blackhead free.
Men's Face Scrub
A men's face scrub contains small particles or granules to help exfoliate the topmost layer of your skin to remove dead cells. The purpose of a men's face scrub is to:
- Remove the most stubborn of dead skin cells - shaving will remove some but not all!
- Reveal younger and healthier skin - exfoliating helps reduce damaged skin, clogged pores, blemishes and dullness.
When should you use Men's Face Wash & Scrub?
Both men's face wash and men's face scrub are beneficial and, arguably, essential for your skin. Although using them sounds almost the same, there are important differences.
- A men's face wash (the first step in any men's skincare routine) cleans your skin, removing dirt and impurities. A men’s face scrub (the second step in any men's skincare routine) removes the dead cells trapped on your skin’s surface to reveal younger and healthier skin.
- You can use a men's face wash daily irrespective of your skin type, typically morning and night. Your skin needs exfoliation using a men’s face scrub only once or twice a week again depending on your skin type.
If you've never tried men's face wash or men's face scrub, now's the time - you'll be impressed with the results. Remember to use products for your skin type and specifically made for men as women's products won't be as effective. Check out our curated range of men's face washes and men's face scrubs made by local brands for men.